Miss HerrinFesta Scholarship Pageant
Monday, May 23, 2022 – Herrin Civic Center – 7:00pm
Adults – $15.00
Children 10 and under – $8.00
Queen – $2,500
1st Runner Up- $400
2nd Runner Up – $300
In 1993, Melissa Morgan, pageant director and Circuit Judge in Franklin County, came to the HFI committee and asked to direct, coordinate and produce the scholarship pageant. It has been a continuing success and is part of the rich history of ‘Festa. Ms. Morgan will continue as director of the pageant. Applications for this year’s pageant will be available at the Herrin Chamber of Commerce office after April 1.
Young women who reside in Illinois are invited to participate and compete in the Miss HerrinFesta Italiana Scholarship Pageant for scholarships. This event is the largest scholarship pageant of its kind in Southern Illinois.
Entry forms are available at the Herrin Chamber of Commerce, Joyce’s Boutique & The Pageant Room, and at Melise’s Boutique
Rules & Information
- Contestants must be female ages 16-24. This means that as of the pageant date, they must beat least 16 years old and have not yet had their 25th birthday.
- Contestants must never have been married and have never given birth to a child
- Contestants must reside in the state of Illinois
Areas of Competition
All participants will compete in the areas of swimwear, sportswear, and evening gown. Contestants may additionally compete in an on-stage interview with the Master of Ceremonies. No talent is necessary or required. Finalists will also compete in an on-stage fishbowl question. Contestants may elect to enter an optional category of Photogenic by submitting a photograph (8 x 10) of their choice. Additional information will be provided to entrants.
Contestants will be featured in an opening dance number that is not judged, but will include each contestant introducing herself to the audience. The attire for this opening number is a “little black dress.” The only stipulation on the attire is a dress, which is black, and it must not be floor length. It may be a short cocktail or casual dress. Additional information will be provided to entrants.
All contestants must obtain at least one sponsor and pay a $100.00 entry fee to participate. Sponsors may include individuals, businesses, or family and friends. There is an additional $20.00 entry fee for the optional Photogenic category.
Official Entry Requirements
- All entries must be postmarked no later than May 1, 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
- Sponsorship fee of $100.00 made payable to HerrinFesta Italiana. Do not send cash.
- Three (3) photographs – headshots only for use in program and other publicity. Photos may be black and white, but at least one must be color. Photos must be 5 x 7 or smaller.
- If a contestant elects to participate in the optional Photogenic category, she must submit one 8 x 10 photograph of her choice and the additional fee of $20.00 made payable to HerrinFesta Italiana.
- All entries MUST be returned to: Pageant Director, 308 South 12th Street, Herrin, IL 62948. Entries will not be accepted at the Herrin Chamber of Commerce or any other location. For more information, contact Pageant Director, Melissa Morgan, at 618-218-9351.